Hughesair (Inflection Point)

Retired physician and air taxi operator, science writer and part time assistant professor, these editorials cover a wide range of topics. Mostly non political, mostly true, I write more from a lifetime of experience and from research, more science than convention. Subjects cover medicine, Alaska aviation, economics, technology and an occasional book review. Globalization or Democracy documents the historical roots of Oligarchy, the road to colonialism and tyranny

My Photo
Name:
Location: Homer, Alaska, United States

Alaska Floatplane: AVAILABLE ON KINDLE

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Matter of Balance


When I was in the second grade, during recess, an older boy started punching me. As soon as I became physically involved he stood back and pointed a finger at me crying for a teacher who sent me to the girl’s side of the playground for the duration of recess. I found the see-saw on the girl’s side – we did not have one. With some anger and resentment I started to run up and down the sea-saw causing it to crash, one side and then the other, making a lot of noise. Soon a small toe-head dressed all in white, so clean that she radiated clean photons, came over and asked if she could see-saw with me. I sat there surprised and said, yes but you are too small. She said, “Oh no, let me show you.” She sat on the end and told me to move forward. “It’s balance,” she said. Indeed, we did the see-saw for a few minutes, when she had me put my feet down, got off, abruptly turned and ran as young girls do. I sat there in a moment of self realization. The bell rang. Recess was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home