Hughesair (Inflection Point)

Retired physician and air taxi operator, science writer and part time assistant professor, these editorials cover a wide range of topics. Mostly non political, mostly true, I write more from a lifetime of experience and from research, more science than convention. Subjects cover medicine, Alaska aviation, economics, technology and an occasional book review. Globalization or Democracy documents the historical roots of Oligarchy, the road to colonialism and tyranny

My Photo
Name:
Location: Homer, Alaska, United States

Alaska Floatplane: AVAILABLE ON KINDLE

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Existentialism

I think truth, fact and meaning are three distinct things. I think some of the willingness of journalists to engage in fake news comes from projecting and confusing meaning with truth or actual fact. I read statements such as, “It is an existential threat.” From my interpretation of existential, that would mean only a threat the journalist’s mind.
Listening to Jordan Peterson at the Oxford Union, I would ask him his interpretation of the above and his definition of existential. Think I’ll check out his book on meaning. Peterson has an interesting suggested book list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home